The best thing about this recipe is that you can do it all by hand and has barely any mess, it is really simple and can be whipped up in just 30mins + cooking time.
It makes roughly 16, depending on how big or small you want to cut them.
- 175g Butter
- 175g Dark Chocolate (really any chocolate works)
- 2tbsp Cocoa Powder (or any chocolate powder, milo and nesquik work just as well)
- 1 cup caster sugar (raw sugar works just as well)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Plain Flour (all purpose flour)
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler (this is a small saucepan with a metal bowl on top - fill the saucepan with water first...) once melted add in cocoa powder and stir through.
- While the butter and chocolate are melting you should whisk together the sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly before pouring in to the sugar mixture, whisk together both these things. Once done whisk through the flour in separate increments.
- Put in the oven at 180degrees celsius for 30mins, any less and they will be way to gooey to cut through and any longer they will be too tough.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5 mins, then put them on a cutting board and cut them into squares.
This recipe is super easy and fast :)
Hope you enjoy xx